CB Insights identified the top-funded VC-backed tech startups in Latin America, based on disclosed equity funding.
Since 2012, more than $5.7B has been invested across over 520 equity deals to tech startups in Latin America.
This includes investment in leading tech companies such as on-demand delivery startup Rappi in Colombia and online food delivery platform iFood in Brazil.
To dive deeper into the startup status in Latin America, CB Insights listed the most well-funded tech startups in the country:
Among other key findings regarding startups in Latin America, it also exposed:
- The most well-funded startup in Latin America is on-demand delivery startup Rappi in Colombia with over $1.4B in total disclosed funding.
- Rounding out the top 3 most well-funded startups in the region are online food delivery platform iFood in Brazil ($590M in total disclosed funding), and Panama-based co-working startup Selina ($195M).
- 2 of the 11 companies featured in our map are unicorns (valued at $1B+): on-demand delivery startup Rappi in Colombia and online food delivery platform iFood in Brazil. Selinais a potential future unicorn, valued at $850M.
- The region is home to 4 countries whose most well-funded tech startup has raised over $100M in funding. Only Rappi has raised more than $1B+ in equity funding.
- The least well-funded startup on the map is Singularities in Costa Rica which raised $1.3M in August 2018.