Netflix won seven Academy Awards Sunday, the most of any distributor.
Streaming giant Netflix nearly doubled its number of Oscar wins on Sunday night.
Heading into the 93rd annual Academy Awards ceremony, Netflix had picked up 36 Oscar nominations across 17 films—the most of any distributor competing this year.
By the end of the night, it had added a further seven gongs. The second-highest tally went to Disney, which took home five awards.
Since 2013, when Netflix earned its first nomination for best documentary feature for “The Square,” the platform has won fifteen Academy Awards in total.
Here are the awards Netflix won Sunday night:
- Best hairstyling and makeup for “Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom”
- Best costume design for “Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom”
- Best documentary feature for “My Octopus Teacher”
- Best live-action short for “Two Distant Strangers”
- Best animated short for “If Anything Happens I Love You”
- Best production design for “Mank”
- Best cinematography for “Mank”